Hambly Screen Prints may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Iron-on vinyl is great because it can help you to transfer any piece of art onto nearly any surface.
However, there is an issue. There are far too many alternatives to choose from. Some are great, some are terrible, and some are just too expensive.
Today, we decided to do the hard work, and delved deep into the world of iron-on vinyl, to come out with the best 5 that suit nearly all designing needs.
Let’s explore them together.
Our Best Iron-on Vinyl Reviews and Comparisons
|1. Avery T-Shirt Transfers For Lighter Fabric||Check Price|
|2. SISER EasyWeed Heat Transfer Vinyl||Check Price|
|3. PPD Inkjet Iron-On Dark T-Shirt Transfers Paper LTR||Check Price|
|4. Epson Iron-on Cool Peel Transfer||Check Price|
|5. Siser EasyWeed Glow in The Dark Heat Transfer Vinyl||Check Price|
1. Avery T-shirt Transfer for Lighter Fabric
This is a starter bundle from Avery more suitable for light T-shirt fabrics in white, off-white, and cream.
- Each bundle comes with a set of 18 sheets. Each sheet measures 8.5″x 11″ and is white in color to make an outstanding final product.
- Perfect for logo transfer and text T-shirts, pillowcases, or any kind of material of a lighter shade.
- Access a plethora of easy to customize and format free templates, fonts, and clip art on Avery’s official site.
What We Like About Avery T-shirt Transfer for Lighter Fabric
- Excellent for designing with light shade
- Excellent for beginners
What We Don’t Like About Avery T-shirt Transfer for Lighter Fabric
- Not appropriate for designing with dark shades
- It is only for inkjet printers
- Appropriate for cotton, polyester, cotton/polyester blends
- The iron-on vinyl is available in dark colors for dark fabrics
- Easy to use and maintain
- Utilizes unique color shield technology that will ensure your design continues to look great wash after wash
- It is less pricey
- The instructions that come along with the bundle are lacking
- Not appropriate enough for professional purposes but best for home DIY projects
2. Siser EasyWeed Heat Transfer Vinyl
This starter bundle set from Siser includes 12 different colorful iron-on sheets in every color of the rainbow.
All the sheets are 12″x 15″ in size which makes them seamlessly compatible with the heat press machine surface.
- The iron-on vinyl is made from polyethylene which is soft and you can cut into any shape you want with regular scissors. They are super sensitive which allows you to transfer even the smallest design, text, and logo to fabric or any other material
- Tough enough to withstand the rigors of repeated washing and the ink remains the same.
- Siser has a mobile app for android and iPhone that presents all the information about using the sheets.
What We Like About Siser EasyWeed Heat Transfer Vinyle
- Tough enough to withstand heat and wash after wash
- Allows transfers even for the smallest design
What We Don’t Like About Siser EasyWeed Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Some packages do not come with the toolkit as advertised
- You can use it for multi-layer design
- Compatible with polyester, cotton, and blends of polyester and cotton
- Has a mobile app for instruction
- Easy to use
- Some batches are awful and melt on some parts
- Users complain that the sheets are way too small than the advertised size
3. PPD Inkjet Dark T-shirt Transfer Paper LTR
This 10-sheet pack from Photo Paper Direct is specifically designed for dark-colored fabrics.
With this iron-on vinyl, you can transfer anything from simple to complicated designs onto dark fabrics. The sheet specifically works with inkjet printers.
- Each sheet is 5.5″x 11″ in size which is about the size of a heat press machine for heat transfer.
- It comes with detailed instructions that are important to review before use, because the process of transferring on dark fabrics is completely different from transferring on light-colored fabrics
What We Like About PPD Inkjet Dark T-shirt Transfer Paper LTR
- Perfect for transferring on dark-colored fabric
- Uniquely formulated to bond with fabrics leaving it crack-free, stretchable, and fully machine washable
What We Don’t Like About PPD Inkjet Dark T-shirt Transfer Paper LTR
- Apparently, there are some cases of the iron-on peeling off after washing
- Compatible with all inkjet printers
- Compatible with all printer ink
- Comes with instructions alone
- Excellent for commercial designing
- The instructions apparently need revision
- Not suitable for transferring light-colored fabric
4. Epson Iron-on Cool Peel Transfer 8.5” x 11”, 10 Sheets
These sheets from Epson are excellent for transferring a piece of art to the fabric.
- Each starter bundle has 10 sheets, which measures 8.5″x 11″ size.
- Works excellently with all fabric types.
What We Like About Epson Iron-on Cool Peel Transfer 8.5” x 11”, 10 Sheets
- Ironing these sheets on is straightforward
What We Don’t Like About Epson Iron-on Cool Peel Transfer 8.5” x 11”, 10 Sheets
- The iron-on paper is white with no indication of print side, you’ll have to feel the paper
- Not for professional purpose as it cracks fast
- You can transfer it via ordinary household iron.
- Transfer peels off easily after cooling
- Easy to print
- Image design is very vivid
- There are instances of images cracking
- Users reports instances of the sheet peeling off after sometimes
5. Siser EasyWeed Glow in the Dark Heat Transfer Vinyl 15″ X 36″
This iron-on vinyl creates custom designs that glow in the dark. The vinyl is white, and looks great both during the day and when it glows in the dark.
- Easy and ready to cut material designed for custom fabric decoration
- Works fine with cotton, polyester, and a blend of both
- It comes with pressure-sensitive carriers that allow you to weed tiny designs flawlessly regardless of the cutting machine you’re using
Check Also: Easy Cut Studio Review – Is It Worth Trying?
What We Like About Siser EasyWeed Glow in the Dark Heat Transfer Vinyl 15″ X 36″
- Design glows in the dark
- Customers reports that the iron-on vinyl over-delivers on quality
What We Don’t Like About Siser EasyWeed Glow in the Dark Heat Transfer Vinyl 15″ X 36″
- Slightly difficult to weed than other heat transfer types of vinyl from Siser
- Cuts easily
- Weeds readily
- Irons on easily
- Glow is fantastic
- The glow requires exposure to light as a charging mechanism
- The vinyl is difficult to press on cotton
Designers tend to be choosy when it comes to iron-on transfer types of vinyl. It makes sense because every time the final product of your design is far from impressive, you are not at your creative best.
Every craft designer understands the importance of good iron-on vinyl. They transfer drawing and design to anything, on any material.
Whether it is for professional purposes or DIY, everyone hates when the end quality drops. If you want to create a whole new world of creative possibilities, you need to get the right iron-on vinyl.
Read Related Topic: How to Make Cricut Mat Sticky Again