Sublimation printers are great because they help you apply dye to a surface without overheating or smearing issues.
While most sublimation printers will achieve the dye-diffusion results you want, a quality printer will be easier to use and will last longer.
After extensive research, we’ve put together a list of the five best sublimation printers you might want to try.
Best Sublimation Printers: Comparison Table
|1. Epson Workforce WF-7710 ||Check Price|
|2. Canon Selphy CP1300 ||Check Price|
|3. Mitsubishi CP – K60DW-S ||Check Price|
|4. Kodak Dock & Wi-Fi ||Check Price|
|5. DNP Event Photo Printer DS-RX1HS 5 ||Check Price|
Best Sublimation Printers: Reviews
1. Epson Workforce WF-7710
The Epson Workforce has all it takes to help you achieve the designs you had in mind.
It is one of the cheapest sublimation printers out there. With the Epson Workforce, it’s possible to get borderless prints in dimensions as big as 13 x 19 inches.
However, you will need an intermediary fabric to use when moving anything to the cotton material.
The following are distinctive features of the Epson WORKFORCE wf-7710:
- Remote printing – You can connect and print documents from anywhere. Whether you want to use your tablet, smartphone, or PC, you can do that from any place.
- Automatic two-sided printing – Printing and turning materials manually can be exhausting and time-wasting. This printer can automatically print and scan both sides.
- High-quality prints – This printer not only saves the amount of ink used but also produces high-quality prints.
- Dual paper trays – The Epson has built-in dual paper trays that allow you to copy and print consequently without interruption. It also has a touch-screen with gesture navigation.
- Saves time – Users love the fact that Epson can print both sides of a document automatically.
- Ability to print when the color is empty – Even when the color cartridge is empty, users are still able to print with this printer.
- High-quality prints – The Epson Workforce produces extremely high-quality sublimation prints.
- Affordable – The Workforce is one of the cheapest and most affordable quality sublimation printers.
- It is a one-paper cassette.
2. Canon Selphy CP1300
If you are looking for something to use in standard office printing, you will be thrilled to use the Canon Selphy CP1300. Canon has gained popularity over the years for producing high-quality printers.
The Selphy CP 1300 is among those incredible printers that print great photos prints. Below are its best features:
- Excellent print technology – The CP1300 offers high print technology from its thermal dye sublimation. The best thing about its dye-sublimation is that the ink dries instantly. The prints can also last as long as 100 years. Additionally, if you print from an SD card, it only takes about 56 seconds. If you use a USB connection, it takes about 1 minute and 2 seconds.
- Portable and versatile printer – You can carry this printer from one place to another, depending on your needs. It also offers excellent print quality with different choices of connection.
- Users love the fact that they can get sharp photos and great colors
- It’s compatible with various devices
- Can work for various paper sizes including postcards
- It’s extremely versatile
- Light in weight, which makes it portable
- Produces high-quality prints
- Doesn’t work well with old phones
3. Mitsubishi CP – K60DW-S
The Mitsubishi CO-K60DW-S is your choice if you are looking for the best printer for photo booths.
When you are not using the CO-K6oDW, it shuts off automatically due to its power-saving standby mode.
Let’s have a look at the best features of Mitsubishi CP-K60DW-S.
- Rewind function – You can quickly move the ink ribbon of this printer and use the ink from its rewind function. This function is great for solid shapes and other specialized tasks you might want to perform.
- Digital image processing feature – This printer has a digital image processing feature that can work to a maximum of 300 dpi. With this advanced design, you’ll be sure to have smooth edges of your printouts.
- Has a firm body
- Can print many sizes of printouts
- Can make different finish styles
- Has a power-saving mode when not in use
- Setting it up can be a bit tricky, and it may not be easy to operate for some users
4. Kodak Dock & Wi-Fi
The Kodak Dock is one of the best all-around sublimation printers due to its powerful outputs.
It’s easy to set up and use. Below are some features you’ll love about it:
- One-touch printing – Enjoy printing photos directly from your phone with this printer. It comes with a free iOS Lightning Adapter and an Android Dock Pin.
- Thermal transfer system – Get brilliant color printouts and fast access due to the advanced technology of this printer and its superior thermal system. This is a quality printer because the ink doesn’t quickly fade away.
- Easy to operate
- High-quality prints
- Pretty design
- Some features need technical skills hence could be not as friendly for beginners.
- Occasional connectivity issues
5. DNP Event Photo Printer DS-RX1HS 5
If you have a printing business, the best thing to have is a portable sublimation printer. The DNP Event Photo Printer will not disappoint you. While it appears to be quite big, it is light in weight, making it easy to carry around.
With its ability to print 700 prints at a time, it is perfect for commercial use. Below are some of its best features:
- Versatility – This printer is compatible with various programs and software. With the DNP Event Photo Printer, you’ll be sure to get high-quality results.