Have you always wondered how people print onto paper bags?
Or you’re wondering how you can custom text and designs on a gift wrap for your loved ones?
If yes, you’re not alone. Many other people out there are always searching for answers on how to print on the paper bags.
We’ve come up with this guide to show you how to print on a paper bag at the comfort of your home.
What you’ll need:
How to print on the paper:
1. First of all, you’ll need to prepare the image/design you want to be printed on the paper.
If you don’t have an idea how to come up with a design, simply create a document (dimensions: 5×10 inch) using Photoshop or any other editing software of your choice and enter the text and image you’d want to appear on the paper.
2. When the design is ready, turn your paper bag with the flap side down and then tape it to the standard computer paper. The idea behind taping is to prevent jams, crooked prints, etc.
While still on it, avoid using a strong tape since you’ll have to peel the bag from the paper after the printing process is over (light scotch tape or the painter's tape will do).
4. Remove the paper when the printing is complete, peel off the tape. And that’s it; you’ve got a printed paper bag now where you can put your gift and send to your friends and loved ones.
What if you want to print on a larger paper bag, say the grocery paper bag? Well, the process here isn’t much different from what we’ve just discussed above.
Here are the steps to follow for successful printing on this kind of paper:
1. the first step you’ll need to take is removing the bag handles to enhance easy printing. You can easily reattach the handles later.
2. Tape down the bottom of this paper bag. You might also consider taping the top closed.
3. Load your printer and hit the Print button and your print will be ready in a few minutes.
4. Lastly, take off the tapes and reattach the handles to make (hot gluing them in place will work) to make the bag ready for use.
So, these are the two main methods you can use to print on paper bags (the first part covers the smaller brown paper bag and the second part covers the larger grocery bag).
As you can see, there’s nothing complicated when it comes to printing those appealing images and texts on the paper bags you want to use to send gifts to your friends.
Plus, making your own papers is also cost-effective compared to buying ready-made or hiring someone to customize them for you.