Hambly Screen Prints may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Sewing is doubtlessly one of the best ways of permanently adding a patch to your hat—whether it’s for promotional purposes or you just want to make your hat more appealing.
However, you’ll need to know how to do it perfectly, else the patch look off-position and ugly.
In the following post, we’ll take you through a quick, step by step guide on how to add a patch to a hat of any fabric or knit.
Let’s do this:
What you’ll need:
Before we get into more details, here’s a list of the things you need to arm yourself with:
How to sew the patch:
1. Start by placing the hat on the head of the wearer to help you determine the best placement of the patch.
2. When you’ve established the best position, attach the patch to your hat with the help of glue. Allow the glue to dry for around 30 seconds.
3. Now thread your needle with 24-inch thread. Place the thimble on the middle finger of your right hand (or the middle of left finger for the lefties).
4. Turn your hat to the wrong side, knot the thread end and then push your needle through the hat plus patch (with your thimble-clad finger).
5. Turn your hat to the right side and sew small straight stitches around the entire patch edge.
That’s it! You’ve just sewed a patch on a hat! As you’ve seen, this process doesn’t take time and will not require to hold any special skills. Just the basic sewing skills is all you need to put that patch in place.