Sewing is doubtlessly one of the best ways of permanently adding a patch to your hat.
In the following post, we’ll take you through a quick, step-by-step guide on how to sew a patch to a hat of any fabric or knit.
Items Needed to Put a Patch on a Hat
Before we get into more details, here’s a list of the things you need to prepare:
How to sew the patch on the hat:
1. Start by placing the hat on the head of the wearer to help you determine the best placement of the patch.
2. When you’ve established the best position, attach the patch to your hat with the help of glue. Allow the glue to dry for around 30 seconds.
3. Now thread your needle with a 24-inch thread. Place the thimble on the middle finger of your right hand (or the middle of left finger for the lefties).
4. Turn your hat to the wrong side, knot the thread end and then push your needle through the hat plus patch (with your thimble-clad finger).
5. Turn your hat to the right side and sew small straight stitches around the entire patch edge.
You’ve just sewed a patch on a hat. As you’ve seen, this process doesn’t take time just basic sewing skills is all you need to attach that patch to a hat.